Our 3M™ Super Bond Film Tape 396 offers the thin caliper tensile strength of polyester and high immediate holding strength of rubber adhesive for creating butt splices on low surface energy materials such as polyethylene and other difficult-to-adhere-to surfaces. Often referred to as a single-sided adhesive splicing and core starting tape.
Repairing and reinforcing high-wear areas of rip-stop nylon, holding polyethylene barrel liners in place, splicing large photographic acetate transparencies and splicing polyester conveyor belts. Handles temperatures from 40 degrees to 200 degrees, and resists chemicals and abrasion for long lasting hold.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
– Polyester backing offers abrasion, chemical and thermal resistance
– Rubber resin adhesive provides aggressive grab to irregular surfaces
– Ideal for use on polyethylene and other low surface energy materials
– Good temperature resistance from 40°F to 200°F
– Often used in butt splicing and core starting applications