3M™ Double Coated Polyethylene Foam Tape 4462 is a black or white, closed-cell, polyethylene foam carrier. It is formulated for more hard to bond surfaces. The unique rubber adhesive system provides quick stick and conforms to irregular and low surface energy (LSE) materials. Double coated tape is composed of a foam, paper, film, or tissue carrier that is coated on both sides with pressure sensitive adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a peel-away liner that can be removed at the time of application or left in place until the joining surfaces are ready to be attached.
Applications for double coated tape are found in construction, fabrication, arts, and hobby. For bonding rough or irregular surfaces, 3M™ Double Coated Foam Tapes fill gaps and distribute stress uniformly over the bonded area.
– Black or white, 0.031 in. (0.8 mm) closed-cell polyethylene foam carrier
– High ultimate adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
– Conformable tape bonds to irregular surfaces
– Unique rubber adhesive system provides quick stick
– Adheres well to most low surface energy (LSE) materials