Starview’s SDC Series combination slitting and die cutting machines are a cost effective way to trim skin pack- aged products. These machines eliminate the use of individual steel rule dies for each different package configu- ration. The SDC Series features an intermittent motion in-feed conveyor to transfer skin boards to the die cutting and slitting area. Circular cutters running against a hardened steel roller are used to slit parallel to the movement of the skin board. A pneumatic press activates the cross cutting perpendicular to the movement of the skin board. The interval at which this cut is made is programmable from the touch screen operator interface panel.
- Effective for trimming skin boards where it is desirable to trim packages with product facing up
- Available with slitting wheels for cutting or perforating
- Cross-cut may be straight or rounded corners and can include common hang hole styles
- Small footprint conserves floor space
- Two standard machine sizes available
- quick changeover of cross cut from color HMI and moveable slitter mounted on rall
- Heavy-duty industrial design floor model machine