Keep equipment and production up and running. When you need secure fits,
3M Scotch-Weld Anaerobic Adhesives offer a wide selection of properties to help save the time and cost of disruptive, unscheduled downtime due to leaks and loose fasteners.
For threadlocking, sealing, retaining, and gasketing, application is fast and easy with just a targeted squeeze of a bottle or tube. In the absence of oxygen and in the presence of metal, the anaerobic formulation cures quickly to a polymer that seals, secures, and retains.
Apply to nuts, bolts, and screws to prevent loosening from vibration and impact in such applications as gear housings, motor mounts, and sprinkler heads.
Bond and seal non-threaded, co-axial components such as bearings, gears, shafts, cylinder liners, and rotors.
• Tighten tolerances in worn bearing seats, keys, splines, tapers, shims, and shafts
• Increase load-bearing characteristics of cylindrical joints to reduce assembly stresses and cost
• Prevent fretting and corrosion
Seal instantly to stop leaks when applied to threads or compression fittings of most metal and certain plastic pipes. Replace traditional PTFE tapes and dope without shredding, evaporation, or shrinkage.
• Seals and helps prevent the waste and mess of leaking hydraulic fluids,oil,fuel,andlubricants • Resists pressure, vibration, and expansion/contraction of temperature cycling
• Apply to any pipe size, reducing the inventory of multiple size, easy-to-damage O-rings
• Prevents galling
Fill and seal voids between metal flanges to eliminate pre-cut or compression gaskets.