This position is primarily responsible for safe, accurate, and efficient material movement in the warehouse.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Puts away received material, assisting Lead Receivers
- Offloads material from delivery trucks and vans
- Regularly assists with receiving material on paperwork (backing up Lead Receivers), counts material, tags material, and puts material away in warehouse, when needed
- Puts away material safely, accurately, and promptly; records all material movements accurately on move sheets and/or wireless computer system on forklifts (when installed)
- Assists in handling customer pickups, salesperson pickups, etc.
- Makes efficient use of time so that output is maximized and other persons on day shift are assisted when necessary
- Maintains specified housekeeping zone
- Other duties as assigned by management
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School graduate, or GED equivalent.
- Experience with stand-up reach forklift (with joystick), sit-down lift, and pallet jacks required, with excellent safety record
- Minimum of 1-5 years of applicable experience required, with some familiarity with similar packaging products preferred
- Experience with using PC and applications, warehouse management systems, wireless forklift computer systems, and scanners preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Quick learner and rapidly applies what has been taught
- Flexible, willing to do what has been asked
- Highly safety and quality-conscious; makes good decisions about working safely and about identification of product
- Able to multi-task
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Organized – keeps paperwork and orders in proper sequence
- Professional communicator – with customers, drivers, other co-workers, etc.
- Detail-oriented, checks his/her own work and corrects mistakes made. Is extremely careful when identifying material.
- Good to excellent attendance record
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Displays good teamwork – works well with small group. Jumps in and helps others on shift when needed.
Reports to and is supervised by the Day Shift Warehouse Manager
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT?
Yes, in handling telephone calls and contact with drivers, dispatchers, vendors, and customers.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION?
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED / VEHICLES DRIVEN?
Stand-up reach lift, rider-walkie lift, sit-down forklift, office computer/printer, telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects and paperwork; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in warehouse conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, and dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately loud while in the office, or in the warehouse.
Health and Life Benefits
- Long Term Care
- Life and AD&D Insurance for employees and family members
- Health and Dependent Care Tax Savings Accounts
Helping you plan for your financial future is important to us. PNC’s financial security benefits give employees the opportunity to plan for their future. Some benefits are:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Direct Deposit
- Banking Incentives & Credit Union Membership
Work / Life
- Sick & Bereavement Days
- Flexible Scheduling
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee assistance program, which focuses on your mental and emotional wellbeing
- Employee Discounts
*This is intended as an overview of your benefits with PNC. In the event of a conflict between this summary and plan documents, plan documents will be the guide. The company reserves the right to change benefits programs, as it deems necessary.
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship.
In keeping with its core values, PNC has an unwavering commitment to a culture of lawful and ethical conduct, free from unlawful discrimination or harassment.