Under general direction, this person will provide timely service to our customers and PNC sales team, and supply administrative support by providing sales related support activities. Responsibilities generally cover the ability to meet customer needs and insure that customer orders are being handled in a timely and professional manner. Promotes the sale of packaging related products and services by interacting with customers and prospects. Secures new orders and continues to service customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned and are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Responsibilities include receipt of product orders, assistance to salespersons with customer callbacks, tracking orders and product research, and entering drop ship customer orders as well as warehouse orders.
- Process all customer orders and other pertinent data into computer system. Track and follow up on orders and provide system note entry to ensure successful completion, modifying as necessary. Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness in all work, and providing in a timely manner.
- Professionally communicate promptly with customers by telephone, email or in person and receive orders for product. Manage large volume of customer calls. Excellent phone etiquette and outstanding skill in dealing with difficult customer situations. Ability to address complaints concerning billing or service rendered.
- Informs customers and prospects of new products or services and changes in pricing.
- Liaison between sales and corporate administration, resolving problems and ensuring information to provide to necessary parties in an accurate and timely manner. Provides administrative support and assistance.
General administrative office activities, such as filing, copying, records maintenance, typing, word processing, faxing and mail distribution. May also be responsible for the maintenance of office equipment and supplies. Assists other Account Service Executive’s and the department with daily functions as needed.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (The specific minimum competencies required for job performance. Personal characteristics that contribute to an individual’s ability to excel on the job)
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or GED required Associate’s Degree helpful, 4 years job experience minimum in customer service or sales support.
Excellent MS skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet, with the “Can Do” approach to diverse software packages.
Verbal & Written Communication Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional telephone etiquette and speaking voice.
Additional Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a positive team player who is accountable for initiating and monitoring projects through to completion in a challenging and changing environment; includes working with and being dependent upon a broad range and level of personnel.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and a good sense of priorities.
- High energy, versatile, self-directed, with effective analytical and organizational skills.
- Packaging industry experience beneficial.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods in an office environment, talk and hear, and work at a desk on a computer or phone. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects or files. Infrequent light physical effort is required with occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Mental abilities, such as thinking analytically, making decisions, and remembering names is needed, as are performance requirements, such as staying on task, being organized, meeting deadlines, attending meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an office setting that is conducive to phone and computer communications, data entry and desk duties. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office.
Health and Life Benefits
- Long Term Care
- Life and AD&D Insurance for employees and family members
- Health and Dependent Care Tax Savings Accounts
Helping you plan for your financial future is important to us. PNC’s financial security benefits give employees the opportunity to plan for their future. Some benefits are:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Direct Deposit
- Banking Incentives & Credit Union Membership
Work / Life
- Sick & Bereavement Days
- Flexible Scheduling
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee assistance program, which focuses on your mental and emotional wellbeing
- Employee Discounts
*This is intended as an overview of your benefits with PNC. In the event of a conflict between this summary and plan documents, plan documents will be the guide. The company reserves the right to change benefits programs, as it deems necessary.
PNC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship.
In keeping with its core values, PNC has an unwavering commitment to a culture of lawful and ethical conduct, free from unlawful discrimination or harassment.